4 brook trout, 9-10 inches, skin and heads where they belong (on the fish)
several pinches brown sugar
4 tablespoons, capers
2 shallots, sliced thin
2 green onions, sliced thin
2 lemons, sliced thin
1) Wash trout inside and out
2) Roll trout in olive oil
3) Roll trout in corn meal
4) Sprinkle pinch of brown sugar inside each fish and on top [brown sugar removes iodine flavor]
5) Sprinkle sliced green onions inside each trout
6) Place thin shallot and lemon slices inside each trout and on the top of each trout.
7) Put dollop of butter on top each fish
8) Spoon 1 Tablespoon capers on top each fish
9) Wrap each fish in heavy aluminum foil
Place foil packs on grill or in hot coals. General fish cooking rule = 10 minutes per inch of thickness, or 5 minutes/ side. Most 9-10 inch brook trout will be 1 to 1.5 inches in thickness. Done means flaky meat with some moistness retained.
Drink a beer while the brookies cook. Enjoy, eh.