2 cups pecans (@ 8 oz)
1 cup all purpose flour
2 large (12-14-oz trout, 4 fillets, skin intact)
3 large egg whites, beaten to blend
Combine pecans and 1 tablespoon flour in processor. Grind pecans finely: transfer to plate. Place remaining flour on another plate. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Dip 1 fillet into flour to coat: shake off excess. Using pastry brush flesh side with egg whites. Place fillet white side down onto pecans, press to coat with nuts. Transfer to waxed paper-lined baking sheet, pecan side down. Repeat with remaining fillets: chill.
1.5 cups fresh orange juice
1 cup dry white wine
2/3 cup chopped shallots
¼ white wine vinegar
8 5-in long parsley stems
1.5 Tbspn fresh lemon juice
1 large fresh thyme sprig
2 fresh rosemary sprigs
¼ cup whipping cream
¾ cup (1.5 sticks) unsalted butter cut into 12 pieces
Combine first 7 ingredients in medium saucepan. Boil 10 minutes: add rosemary. Boil until liquid is reduced to ½ cup, about 10 minutes. Strain sauce into another medium saucepan, pressing on solids in sieve. Add cream; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Whisk in butter 1 piece at at time (do not boil). Season with salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature up to 2 hours.
4 Tbspn olive oil
1 carrot, peeled, cut into matchstick-size strips
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
6 cups thinly sliced savoy cabbage
2 Tbspon (1/4 stick) unsalted butter
Chopped fresh chives
WHAT TO DO:
1) Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large Dutch over high heat.
2) Add carrot and bell pepper, toss 2 minutes.
3) Add cabbage: toss until cabbage wilts, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, remove from heat.
4) Melt 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
5) Place 2 fillets, pecan side down, into skillet. Cook until crust is golden and crisp, about 2 minutes. Use spatula to turn over fillets. Cook until just opaque in center, about 2 minutes. Transfer to plate.
6) Repeat 5) with remaining butter, oil, and fish.
7) Whisk sauce over low heat to rewarm (do not boil). Divide vegetables among plates. Top with fish. Spoon sauce around fish and veggies. Sprinkle with chopped chives, and serve.